Here is the final result of our ferrofluid project! As you can see I managed to get the code working a little better! I swapped the delays to either side of the relay triggers and it seemed to work a lot better. Everything went to plan and worked really well for the presentation, so happy with it.
Lee had created an Arduino project in which a relay would turn on and off in time to his heart rate! We all wanted to hook it up to this ferrofluid project but unfortunately the battery had run really low so it didn’t seem worth it in the end.
In the video you can see the ferrofluid reacting with the electro-magnet. This magnet is controlled by a random number created in processing, which is then sent through the Arduino which triggers the relay at different speeds depending on the size of the number. In another version of the program I had the feeds from the Ecoid sent through. We also demonstrated this in the presentation, however, since the data from the Ecoid did not vary enough for this short demonstration, the way in which the ferrofluid reacted, did not vary either.
I’d love to continue with this project to make it bigger and better for realtime. I will have to look into some more ideas as I have not fully decided on what to do yet. We will see!